Biometric technology can also be defined as a science of measuring and examining biological data. In IT, Biometric devices refer to technology that analyzes and measure the characteristics of a human body such as fingerprint, DNA, irises, eye retina, facial patterns, hand measurements, voice patterns for identification purposes.
Benefits of Biometric in Mobile payment ecosystem
Biometric is definitely ideal to available today to offer various remarkable mobile payment authorization network features such as digital issuance, Mobile wallet, acquiring gateway, Mobile pos, Web portal, Loyalty, Mobile commerce, Beacon Marketing etc. All these tools can be combined to form a secure and easier verification solution.
Biometrics is categorized into two types namely; Behavioral biometrics and physical biometrics. Behavioral biometrics basically measures naturally acquired characteristics and generally used for authentication. The examples of the behavioral biometric include:
- Speaker recognition by examining the vocal behavior
- Signature, examining signature dynamics.
- Keystroke measuring a time spacing of the typed words.
Physical biometric measures an inherent physical behavior of an individual. It can be used either for verification identification. Here are some of the examples of physical biometric:
- Bertillonage; measures the length of the body, however, it is no longer used.
- Fingerprint; examining fingertip patterns
- Facial recognition; analyzing facial characteristics.
- Hand Geometry; analyzing hand’s shape.
- Iris Scan; measuring the colored ring feature of the eye.
- Retinal Scan; measuring eye blood vessels.
- Vascular patterns measuring veins patterns
- DNA; examining genetic make up
Biometric Authentication in Corporate Organizations
Biometric verification has greatly increased in both public and corporate security systems. The technology has also covered consumer electronics and also Point Of Sale application. Besides security, a driving force under biometric authentication has been efficient and convenient. To know more, visit https://www.ipsidy.com/.
Biometric devices, like fingers scanners, include:
- A scanning or reader device.
- Software that transfigures a scanned information into a digital form and relates match points.
- A database stores a biometric data for the comparison.
Biometric data is normally encrypted when it is gathered so as to prevent an identity theft. Here is how biometric authentication operates on a back end. In order to convert a biometric input, the software application is used to recognize point data as the match points.
A match point in the database is processed by using the algorithm that converts the information into the numeric value. A database value is related with a biometric input an end user has entered into the authentication and scanner can either denied or approved.
The biometric solution can be regulated by two things; human physiology is one they and the other one is behavioral. Biometric system can be controlled using the following things: Human face, hand, fingerprint, human iris, keystroke numbers, DNA, individual voice, and signature.
Biometric Machines types such as access control time, system, and attendance recording are typically used for the guest’s control system, attendance software, time and, door access control for security reasons. The biometric technology operates under a high efficiency, and the possibility of errors is limited. Hence you can completely trust on this technology for whichever security-related concerns.